Monday, August 2, 2010

Adiós, España



The adventure has officially come to an end. Usually at the end of my time in Spain, I am ready to return to my bed, American television, and free refills on Diet Coke. This time, I must admit it was a little harder to say goodbye to Spain.

In my last couple days, I explored Retiro (picture attached), ate late night/early morning churros and chocolate, and took three take-home finals and prepared for an in-class essay. I went shopping by myself in Sol for some last minute things (read: one purse, two pairs of shoes, etc.) on Friday afternoon when most of my friends had already left. Sometimes you can really gauge how much you like/identify with/feel comfortable in a city by walking around alone. It took me until my sixth time in Madrid, but I finally can say that I love that city. I am so lucky to have had this opportunity. ¡Hasta el próximo viaje!

No comments:

Post a Comment