Friday, July 23, 2010

¡Hicimos un picnic!

I realized I never listed my classes for this two-week period:

Semántica española
La enseñanza de español: La Morfología
La enseñanza de español: La Sintaxis
Metodología de la enseñanza del español como lengua extranjera
Cultura española

The schedule makes for an incredibly busy day (and often a bit of a headache), but it is well worth the effort. Each professor seems to have his own quirks, but I have been impressed overall with their level of knowledge.

Last night we had a picnic right by the Templo de Debod. It was the most eclectic group with which I have ever had the pleasure of sharing a blanket on the grass. My new friend Giorgia invited us. She is from Italy but has been in Spain since January and has learned the language incredibly quickly. There were two more people from Italy, two from Spain, one from Russia, one from Uzbekistan, two from France, three from the U.S. and two from China. We all communicated in various levels of Spanish. It was incredible! We talked about stereotypes and food and customs in all of our individual countries. I learned as much during our picnic as I could ever learn in a classroom.



Photo: El Templo de Debod at night

No comments:

Post a Comment